PGA Junior League Golf
returns in spring 2018
and we can’t wait!
please submit the following form to secure your spot in 2018.
No payment is necessary at this time. We just need player information to help create rosters and the season schedule.
Once you are pre-registered, we will keep you posted with updates and official registration in March/april.
Who is eligible for pGA JLG?
- PGA JLG enrollment with The First Tee of Greater Seattle is ideally suited for those who are active members in the program and at the Par, Birdie and Eagle levels, but all those age 7-13 with course play experience* are welcome to apply!
- Players must be returning to The First Tee program, or actively enrolled (at least one season per calendar year).
- *Course play experience required. Must have recorded a score of 63 or better on the Par-3 course, either in Week 9 Championship, or have signed and attested score from an adult or family member.
New and Notes for 2018:
- Those at the Eagle level are now invited to play in PGA JLG!
- Maximum age is 13, so must be age 13 or under on July 31, 2018 to be eligible.
- In the past, only players at the Birdie level and below were eligible.
- Team sponsorships are available for just $500. Do you know a company that would like to sponsor or co-sponsor a team? Those additional funds help support the team and those on scholarships. Company logos are embroidered on the jersey, and sponsor signs are presented at home games.
- Membership fees for PGA JLG are in addition to your chapter (spring/summer) enrollment.
- As with our regular membership, please choose the fee that best suits your financial situation.
- National average for PGA JLG entry fee is approximately $250 per player, so our goal is to remain as affordable as possible while still covering our costs.
- Fees for PGA JLG include: $75 league fee to PGA (mandatory), greens fees & range balls for each practice and game, staff and instructor wages, snacks, awards, etc.
|$225||Sponsor – support another player!|
Anticipated Schedule for 2018:
- Most events take place on Sunday evenings.
- Orientations designed for new members and those involved as volunteers and coaches, but everyone is welcome.
- We try to avoid holidays and conflicts with special events, but there are a lot of them between May and July!
|29-Apr||Orientation 1||Jefferson Park GC|
|13-May||Orientation 2||Jefferson Park GC|
|20-May||No PGA JLG||Spring Week 9 Championship|
|TBD||Team Practice 1||Home Location|
|27-May||No PGA JLG||Memorial Day Weekend|
|TBD||Team Practice 2||Home Location|
|3-Jun||No PGA JLG||Chapter Break|
|10-Jun||Kickoff Jamboree||Jefferson Park GC|
|29-Jul||Finale Jamboree||Bellevue Golf Course|
|5-Aug||All-Stars Games Begin||TBD|
PGA JLG Membership includes:
- Team practices in May.
- 7-8 weekly games in June & July.
- League Jamboree Kickoff tournament: Date TBD (see above)
- League Jamboree Season Finale tournament: Date TBD (see above)
- Team jersey, bag tag, golf balls, and a chance to compete in post-season all-star play (national championship in Phoenix, AZ).
- Opportunity to play a variety of regulation courses (typically from “forward” tees).
PGA JLG Competition Details:
- Teams of 10-12 match up in 2 vs. 2 “scramble” format for 9 holes.
- What is “Scramble” format? 2 players hit shots from the same location, select the better shot, and both play the next from that position, and continue until the ball is in the hole.
- Some groups will have 3 players from each team, in which case players alternate in and out, each playing 6 of the 9 holes.
- Matches held Sunday evenings at 5:00pm.
- Teams represent The First Tee program locations, as well as other local golf courses and country clubs.
- The First Tee teams will be made up of participants age 7-13, with some exceptions made for advanced PLAYer participants.