Programs at Golf Courses
The First Tee of Greater Seattle uses golf to teach youth life lessons and leadership skills. Sessions include a fun, group setting for youth ages *5 to 18 regardless of background or previous experience. Teaming up with experts in positive youth development, The First Tee helps youth become good golfers and even better people.
*Programming is available for five-year-olds during the summer session.
A Youth Program Unlike Any Other
The First Tee emphasizes Nine Core Values: honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, respect, confidence, responsibility, perseverance, courtesy and judgment. Through golf and our core values, your kids and teens will learn life skills like:
- Making proper introductions
- Managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
Advancing through the Program
From age 5 through 18, youth progress through different levels by demonstrating The First Tee Nine Core Values, life and golf skills as well as passing an assessment. All participants regardless of age start at the PLAYer level. The pinnacle of The First Tee is completing Ace.
- Target (age 5+) – Tee it up for the first time in an age-appropriate environment.
- PLAYer (age 7+) – Tee up and learn the game of golf and The First Tee’s Code of Conduct. Master the Nine Core Values and build a foundation to be course-ready.
- Par (age 9+) – Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course.
- Birdie (age 11+) – Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality.
- Eagle (age 13+) – Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning.
- Ace (age 15+) – Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community.
The First Tee of Greater Seattle has an open door policy. No child is ever turned away because of inability to pay. Ask us about scholarships.
The Power of Relationships
“I consider my coaches at The First Tee to be some of the most important mentors I had growing up.” –alumnus
The First Tee coaches are trained to create positive relationships that inspire youth to discover their individual potential. Our programs help young people build confidence, develop respect and appreciate the value of giving back to our community all while learning the lifelong sport of golf.