PGA Junior League Golf is back for 2017, and we can’t wait…
All those age 7-13 with course play experience* are welcome to apply.
Pre-Registration IS NOW OPEN!
CLICK HERE to complete your pre-registration form.
Submittal of your pre-registration form secures your spot, but no payment is required at this time.
*Course play experience required. Must have recorded a score of 63 or better on the Par-3 course, either in Week 9 Championship, or have signed and attested score from an adult or family member.
New and Notes for 2017:
- Those at the Eagle level are now invited to play in PGA JLG!
- Maximum age is 13, so must be age 13 or under on July 31, 2017 to be eligible.
- In the past, only players at the Birdie level and below were eligible.
- Team sponsorships are available. Do you know a company that would like to sponsor or co-sponsor a team? Logos will be printed on the jersey, and additional funds help support the team and those on scholarships.
- Due to popular demand for more games, we’ve extended the season to allow for 8 regular season games, plus the Kickoff and Finale Jamborees.
- Membership fees for PGA JLG are in addition to your chapter (spring/summer) enrollment.
- As with our regular membership, please choose the fee that best suits your financial situation.
- National average for PGA JLG entry fee is approximately $250 per player, so our goal is to remain as affordable as possible while still covering our costs.
- Fees for PGA JLG include: $75 league fee to PGA (mandatory), greens fees & range balls for each practice and game, staff and instructor wages, snacks, awards, etc.
|$225||Sponsor – support another player!|
- PGA Junior League Golf is designed to accommodate varying skill levels and experience.
- Depending on enrollments, we may have two separate leagues, in which case we would follow this structure:
|Plays primarily on:|
|Major League||10-13||Birdie & Eagle||Regulation Course|
|Minor League||7-10||PLAYer & Par||Par-3 Course|
- Most events take place on Sunday evenings.
- Orientations designed for new members and those involved as volunteers and coaches, but everyone is welcome.
- We try to avoid holidays and conflicts with special events, but there are a lot of them between May and July!
|26-Mar||Orientation 1||Jefferson Park GC|
|30-Apr||Orientation 2||Jefferson Park GC|
|7-May||Official Team Practice 1||Home Location|
|14-May||Official Team Practice 2||Home Location|
|21-May||No PGA JLG||Spring Week 9 Championship|
|28-May||No PGA JLG||Memorial Day Weekend|
|4-Jun||Official Team Practice 3||Home Location|
|11-Jun||Kickoff Jamboree||Jefferson Park GC|
|6-Aug||All-Stars Games Begin||TBD|
|13-Aug||Finale Jamboree||Jefferson Park GC|
You can learn more about PGA JLG by visiting the national website HERE and reviewing our information from 2016 below.
PGA JLG Membership includes:
- 3 team practices in May.
- 8 weekly games, from June – August
- League Jamboree Kickoff tournament: Sun, June 11 @ JFP.
- League Jamboree Season Finale tournament: Sun, August 13 @ JFP.
- Team jersey, bag tag, golf balls, and a chance to compete in post-season all-star play (national championship in Atlanta, GA).
- Opportunity to play a variety of regulation courses (typically from “forward” tees).
PGA JLG Competition Details:
- Teams of 10-12 match up in 2 vs. 2 “scramble” format for 9 holes.
- What is “Scramble” format? 2 players hit shots from the same location, select the better shot, and both play the next from that position, and continue until the ball is in the hole.
- Some groups will have 3 players from each team, in which case players alternate in and out, each playing 6 of the 9 holes.
- Matches held Sunday evenings at 5:00pm.
- Teams represent The First Tee program locations, as well as other local golf courses and country clubs.
- The First Tee teams will be made up of participants age 7-13, with some exceptions made for advanced PLAYer participants.
PGA JLG Promotional Video: