PGA Junior League Golf is back for 2017, and we can’t wait…
All those age 7-13 with course play experience are welcome to apply.
Pre-Registration IS NOW OPEN!
CLICK HERE to complete your pre-registration form.
Submittal of your pre-registration form secures your spot, but no payment is required at this time.
Anticipated league format for 2017:
League A – PLAYer & PAR
League B – BIRDIE & EAGLE
You can learn more about PGA JLG by visiting the national website HERE and reviewing our information from 2016 below.
2016 Season has concluded – congratulations to our 103 players this year!
|1-May||Practice 1||Home Course||See above schedule.|
|8-May||No PGA JLG||Mothers’ Day|
|15-May||Practice 2||Home Course||Aft/Eve – time TBD|
|22-May||No PGA JLG||Spring Week 9|
|29-May||Season Kickoff Jamboree||Jefferson Park||All teams invited|
|New game week|
|24-Jul||Season Finale Jamboree||Jefferson Park||All teams invited|
Details about the league:
PGA JLG Membership includes:
- 2 team practices in early May.
- 6 weekly games, from June 1 – July 24.
- League Jamboree Kickoff tournament: Sun, May 29 @ JFP.
- League Jamboree Season Finale tournament: Sun, July 24 @ JFP.
- Team jersey, bag tag, golf balls, and a chance to compete in post-season all-star play (national championship in Atlanta, GA).
- Opportunity to play a variety of regulation courses (typically from “forward” tees).
PGA JLG Competition Details:
- Teams of 10-12 match up in 2 vs. 2 “scramble” format for 9 holes.
- What is “Scramble” format? 2 players hit shots from the same location, select the better shot, and both play the next from that position, and continue until the ball is in the hole.
- Some groups will have 3 players from each team, in which case players alternate in and out, each playing 6 of the 9 holes.
- Matches held Sunday evenings at 5:00pm.
- Teams represent The First Tee program locations, as well as other local golf courses and country clubs.
- The First Tee teams will be made up of participants age 8-13, with some exceptions made for advanced PLAYer participants.
PGA JLG Selection Criteria:
Space is limited, so players will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Minimum age: 8 (must be PLAYer Certified)
- Maximum age: 13 (Birdie is highest eligible level. Eagle not eligible.)
- Actively enrolled in a weekly class at their home course (spring and/or returning for summer).
- Strong participant record (attendance, homework, etc.)
- Able to attend at least 4 of the 6 matches.
- Experience playing in “Week 9” Championships (minimum of one).
- Cost: $75 (subsidized) or $150 (non-subsidized). Scholarships are available and the optional $200 “donor” tier covers the full fee and helps support a player on scholarship.
- Cost is all-inclusive for the league, but separate from your TFTGS season membership fee.
PGA JLG Promotional Video: